North West U11-14 National Champs Qualifier
16th February 2012
North West u11-14 National Champs Qualifier
Date 14th April 2012
Closing date 17th March 2012
Can both of you please ciculate to your contacts asking them to pass on to any Under 11-14s in the Region
Exemption list is also attached,
On the basis of which of the following County’s a player lives, is the decision as to which Regional Qualification is entered.
North East – Cleveland, Durham, Northumberland
North West – Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire
Yorkshire – South Yorkshire, Yorkshire
East Midlands – Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire
West Midlands – Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
East – Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex
London – Middlesex, Surrey
South – Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire
South East – Kent, Sussex
South West – Avon, Cornwall, Devonshire, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire
In the Regional Qualification round, players can enter only two consecutive events for which they are age qualified eg; 11 & 12’s / 12’s & 13’s / 13’s & 14’s.
The eight top players in all the boys events and the girls U14 and U13 are exempt having to qualify for the Finals via the Region. The six top ranked U12 and U11 girls are also exempt.
ENGLISH UNDER 11/12/13 & 14 NATIONAL TABLE TENNIS
CHAMPIONSHIPS – REGIONAL QUALIFICATION 2011/12
NORTH WEST REGION
14th & 15th April 2012
VENUE: Stobart Halton Stadium,
Regional TT Centre, Lowerhouse Lane,
Widnes, Cheshire. WA8 7DZ
Tel: 0151 520 6020 (reception)
6024 (TT office)
Tournament Organiser: Ken Tonge(TO2)
Referee: Karen Tonge MBE IR
Closing Date for entries:
th March 2012
The draw will take place on
rd March 2012
Karen Tonge IR Chairman, C. McCormick, B.Kean, J.Beckley, F.James, D.Goulden, T.Purcell
TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS & INFORMATION
It is important that all competitors read and understand these regulations. Please take time to
do this. Competitors should also ensure that they retain this sheet for reference purposes.
If you have any questions please ring the Tournament Organiser on 01928 563640.
The Regional Qualification Events and National Championships are only open to those players who are eligible to play
for England. If you are in any doubt about this, please telephone the Events Department on 01424 722525 for clarification.
. Players must be eligible on the date entries close and must remain eligible up to the time of playing the tournament. If after the completion
of a championship, it is found that a title winner was ineligible to play, then their name will be expunged from the records
3. Every entrant must be a Player Member of ETTA Ltd.
4. The Championships will be played under the Laws of Table Tennis and ETTA Tournament Regulations, including Regulation R. ITTF
Regulations for International Competitions apply except those relating to matters covered by items marked (X) in these regulations.
5. Completion and submission of this entry form signifies agreement by the entrant to the conditions of the competition including the
variations from the ITTF requirements.
6. Entrants in events 1–2 must have been born after 31
st December 2000, in events 3–4 must have been born after 31st December 1999. In
events 5-6 must have been born after 31
st December 1998, in events 7, 8, (9 & 10 Doubles in Finals only) must have been born after 31st
December 1997. A Competitor can enter a maximum of 2 events and events must be consecutive age groups (eg U11 & U12)
7. The Championships Committee reserves the right to cancel any event for which fewer than 8 entries are received and to hold alternative
qualifying competitions if necessary. If it is necessary to restrict entries, this will be on the basis of last received, first out. Entries received
without the appropriate fee being paid will be ignored. No entry will be accepted after the draw. Fees sent for entries subsequently
rejected will be refunded.
8. The last date for receipt of entries is Saturday 17
th March 2012.
9. The draw will be held on Friday 23
rd March and Seeding will be taken from Ranking List 202
10. Play will start at 09.00. Entrants, if absent at any time when called upon to play, are liable to disqualification from the event
11 Play throughout will be with 3 Star balls (white), on Approved Butterfly Table Tennis equipment. Specialist sports hall lighting applies.
12 All matches will be the best of 5 games, 11-up.
13 In the first stage, entrants will be drawn into groups the second and third stages will where appropriate be determined by finishing position
in the previous stages
14 The final order in a group shall be determined as per ITTF Regulation 3.7.5 for group competitions. All competitors will be obliged to
umpire. The Referee’s decision shall be final on points of law in any dispute as to the interpretation of these regulations and on any
matters not covered by them. Scoring machines will be used for all matches.
15. Events 1, 2, 5 & 6 will be played on Saturday 14
th April. Events 3, 4, 7 & 8 will be played on Sunday 15th April, with play starting at 9am on
16. Rackets: The surface of one side of the racket shall be bright red and the surface of the other side shall be black, whether or not both sides
are used for striking the ball and must conform to ITTF Regulations for International Competitions
. Racket Testing will take place.
17. At all times when playing, competitors are required to wear the number which may be issued to them when they arrive at the venue.
Players must wear rubber soled shoes and clothing which complies with ETTA Tournament Regulation 29. No parts of a tracksuit may be
worn during play except with the Referee’s permission. ITTF Regulation 18.104.22.168 applies for finals only (X).
18. There shall be no gambling other than participating in any lottery or similar competition conducted by and with the permission of the
Tournament Organising Committee. Any member taking part in gambling of any kind at a tournament approved by the ETTA shall be
liable to immediate disqualification from the tournament and expulsion from the premises. Any such disqualification and/or expulsion shall
be reported to the ETTA.
19. Signing the entry form constitutes agreement by the competitor, under the Data Protection Act 1984, to the storing of his or her name,
address and date of birth on a computer system.
20. There will not be separate practice tables available throughout the competition, competitors only will be permitted to practice on any free
match table at the discretion of the Referee but will be required to be suitably attired.
21. Competitors are required to sign an undertaking* as under: I undertake to (1) observe the regulations of the tournament (2) abide by the
decision of the Referee (3) fulfill the schedule of play arranged for me unless prevented by circumstances beyond my control and
accepted as such by the Referee. *This undertaking may be signed on behalf of a junior competitor by a parent or legal guardian but not
by a coach.
22. Doping shall not take place before or during play. This tournament may be subject to drug testing.
23. Changing facilities, including showers, are available at the venue. Car parking is available at the venue.
24. All competitors must report to the control table on arrival and must not leave the venue without first obtaining permission from the Referee.
25. The Regional Committee may authorise photographers and other media representatives to record the event.
PROVISIONAL PLAYING SCHEDULE
THE DETAILS GIVEN BELOW ARE A PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME FOR THE GUIDANCE OF COMPETITORS ONLY. IT MAY BE SUBJECT TO
ALTERATION BY THE REFEREE DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES FOR EACH EVENT.
09:00 U11 & U13 Events
09:00 U12 & U14 Events
If you find you are unable to attend the event or need to contact the organiser
over the weekend, then please telephone
0151 510 6024 (office when event on)6020 (stadium reception) 07721367421 (m)
The Finals will be held at University of Wolverhampton, Walsall Campus.
Under 13 & 14 singles and doubles will be on Saturday 9
th June. Under 11 & 12 singles will be on Sunday 10th
June. For the Finals all players will need to hold a Players Licence or pay a STL fee of £3.50.
The list of exempt players can be seen on the ETTA website.
ENGLISH UNDER 11/12/13 & 14 NATIONAL TABLE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011/12
NORTH WEST REGIONAL QUALIFICATION ROUND.
This form must be completed in BLOCK CAPITALS using a ball point pen. An entry form must be completed for each player and sent
to the Tournament Organiser-
Ken Tonge, 1 Malpas Road, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 4AD to arrive no later than the
closing date (17
th March 2012). All entrants should ensure that they have read the conditions that apply to this tournament.
Competitor’s Full Name: __________________________________________________________________________________
Known as (e.g. Mick): __________________________________________ Male / Female
_______________________________________________________ Postcode: _________________
Date of Birth: ______________________________________________ Tel: ______________________
Please state membership / player licence no: ______________
County of residence: _____________________________________
Please enter me for:
Fee Fee Enc
1. Under 11 Boys’ Singles £6.30
2. Under 11 Girls’ Singles £6.30
3. Under 12 Boys’ Singles £6.30
4. Under 12 Girls’ Singles £6.30
5. Under 13 Boys’ Singles £6.30
6. Under 13 Girls’ Singles £6.30
7. Under 14 Boys’ Singles £6.30
8. Under 14 Girls’ Singles £6.30
Note: The Computer Ranking Levy has been included in the above entry fees.
Make cheques payable to
ETTA North West
If no e-mail address please enclose a DL (110 x 220 mm) stamped addressed envelope.
NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THE FOLLOWING UNDERTAKING IS SIGNED:
1. To observe the regulations of the tournament.
2. To abide by the decisions of the Referee and Organising Committee.
3. To fulfill the schedule of play arranged for me unless prevented by circumstances beyond my control and accepted as such by the Referee.
I agree to the information above being stored on a computer.
Signed: _______________________________________________________________________ Date: ___________________
a) tick this box if you do NOT wish to receive unsolicited information from other table tennis organisations
b) tick this box if you do NOT wish to receive unsolicited information from non-table tennis companies
c) tick this box if you do NOT wish to receive unsolicited information of merchandising from the ETTA
Closing Date: 17
The draw will take place on:
rd March 2012
ENGLISH TABLE TENNIS ASSOCIATION Limited
CONSENT AND AGREEMENT FORM
For players aged 17 and under
This form is to be completed in respect of any player who is aged 17 or under and must be signed by the
person having legal responsibility for the player.
I, the undersigned, having legal responsibility for
Player’s name* ___________________________________________
Player’s address* ___________________________________________
confirm that I have had the opportunity to read the ETTA Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations
(Appendix P) and that I hereby consent to the player being bound by these Rules and Regulations.
Parent/Guardian’s name* ___________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s address* ___________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s signature ___________________________________________
* Block capitals please
1 PAYET, Denise (MI.)
2 MISTRY, Bhavika (NP.)
3 BARLOW, Sophie (CV.)
4 DENNISON, Tiana (E.)
5 TAYLOR, Danni (CH.)
6 GHOSH, Shristi (Y.)
Under 11 Boys’
1 SMITH, James (K.)
2 WILSON, Sam T. (BU.)
3 WALSH, Ethan (HE.)
4 DAI, Harry (Y.)
5 HUSSAIN, Amirul (LA.)
6 OSENTON-BROWN, Fred (Y.)
7 VYDELINGUM, Reiss (K.)
8 SEARLE, Daniel (SP.)
Under 12 Girls’
1 PAYET, Denise (MI.)
2 CHEER, Kate (SX.)
3 BLAGBROUGH, Amy (HA.)
4 SCARLES, Imogen (BU.)
5 MISTRY, Bhavika (NP.)
6 BILSBORROW, Holly (WO.)
Under 12 Boys’
1 RAMSDEN, Alex (NP.)
2 SMITH, James (K.)
3 TYNDALL, Oliver (GS.)
4 WILSON, Sam T. (BU.)
5 CLOSE, Anthony (HE.)
6 CORNER, James (MI.)
7 DAISH, Matthew (HA.)
8 AHMAD, Waqas (Y.)
9 PROUD Ben (BU)
Under 13 Girls’
1 LI, Jane (E.)
2 PAYET, Denise (MI.)
3 CHEER, Kate (SX.)
4 BARBER, Imogen (Y.)
5 BLAGBROUGH, Amy (HA.)
6 NIXON, Kate (Y.)
7 CROSS, Stephanie (E.)
Under 13 Boys’
1 WARD, Alec (CV.)
2 JARVIS, Tom (LI.)
3 PANG, Hugo (DO.)
4 SAVILL, Luke (K.)
5 KHASSAL, Omar (MI.)
6 BARKER, Robert (LA.)
7 BENNETT, Joshua (SX.)
8 HOBSON, James (Y.)
Under 14 Girls’
1 HO, Tin-Tin (MI.)
2 BOLTON, Emily (CU.)
3 MCMULLAN, Letitia (HA.)
4 HUMPHREYS, Amy (NG.)
5 JOHNS, Jazmin (DV.)
6 LI, Jane (E.)
7 AYDIN, Eda Emel (MI.)
Under 14 Boys’
1 WARD, Alec (CV.)
2 JARVIS, Tom (LI.)
3 GILES, Marcus (SY.)
4 PANG, Hugo (DO.)
5 SAVILL, Luke (K.)
6 FORSTER, Billy (CV.)
7 KHASSAL, Omar (MI.)
8 BARKER, Robert (LA.)